Gates of Sto’vo’kor 3-1 – Revenge: It’s For Dinner!
Gates of Sto’vo’kor 3-1 – Revenge: It’s For Dinner! is now available to download. Check it out here. After a long hiatus, Hauk, G’hargh, Korrath, Deyvid, Karn, and Sskald are back in this season three premiere of Gates of Sto’vo’kor!
Hauk and G’hargh have put their differences aside their differences and have come to an equitable arrangement that resolves their past grievances. Hauk shares a story of Revenge and vengeance against a member of G’hargh’s crew for what they had done to a member of Hauk’s family. Revenge: It’s For Dinner!
Welcome to Gates of Sto-vo-kor! Featuring the Warriors of Sto’vo’kor: Korrath, G’hargh, Hauk, Deyvid, Karn, and Sskald. Join us on this tale of Honor, Glory, and a debt repaid! Revenge: It’s For Dinner.
For our friends with hearing impairments, we are making our script available to download here.
NEW SCENE: Ship’s Mess Hall aboard I.K.S. To’fe Heq
<sounds of disgruntled, hungry warriors>
- Warrior: What is taking Cookie so long?
- G’Hargh: I am hungry. Where is that toDSaH cook with our dinner?
- Warrior: Want me to find out what he’s doing?
- G’Hargh: I will KILL him for making us wait like this!
<<sound of a chair being shoved back followed by footsteps across the room and then a door being opened into the kitchen>>
- Warrior: Cookie? Where are you, you sniveling Dung Beetle?
- G’Hargh: Where is our dinner?
- Warrior: I’ve never seen the kitchens look this bad.
- G’hargh: What in Grethor happened in here?
- Warrior: I don’t know but it looks like dinner fought back.
- G’hargh: By the beard of Kahless!
- Warrior: Is that blood on the floor?
- G’hargh: ghuy’cha’!
<insert sounds of several cannibal tribbles eating>
- Warrior: What’s that sound?
- G’Hargh: Cannibal Tribbles!
- Warrior: Get them!
(G’hargh removes his disruptor from his belt and fires. The tribbles scatter.)
- G’hargh: Who brought tribbles aboard my ship?
- Warrior: We’ll start searching for infernal beasts immediately.
NEW SCENE: Interior at Gates of Sto’vo’kor
- DeyviD: What happened? … What did you see??
- G’Hargh: My cook was dead. … Slaughtered and gutted. The killer used Tribble Kebabs to pluck out his eyes. Then, the assassin stuffed live tribbles down his reptilian throat where the foul beasts began to multiply. But it was the BBQed tribbles strewn over the corpse that attracted the cannibal tribble. It started reproducing, because by the time I arrived, there must have been nearly two dozen of them. The furry devils seemed to be enjoying their meal before I ran them off with my disruptor.
- Hauk: (stifling a laugh) I still say the petaQ’s death was too easy.
- G’Hargh: When I killed Cookie, I had no idea he was part of Hauk’s house. Even so, he earned his death when he dared serve baked tribble aboard my ship.
- Hauk: This is why my quarrel was with your new head chef. *He* should have been standing beside Cookie when he died instead of cowering back in the kitchens. … Honor … is now satisfied.
- G’Hargh: Except quality head chefs do NOT come cheap these days. … You have it?
- Hauk: As agreed. … I procured it during my last visit to Deep Space Nine.
<sound of a ball rolling across a table>
- Korrath: What is that?
- Sskald: It’s called a baseball.
- Korrath: What’s a baseball?
- Sskald: It’s a game the humans play. I had to create a holoprogram of one such match between Gorn and Human a few years ago.
- Deyvid: G’hargh? Why do you want a baseball?
- G’hargh: What? (laughs) Oh! You think it’s for me.
- Sskald: Why did you ask for the baseball?
- G’hargh: I have a contact in Imperial High Command who agreed to reassign the flagship’s Head Chef to my ship … *if* … I give him one of Sisko’s favorite playthings. … Hauk here agreed to procure it for me as repayment for the loss of my cook.
- Sskald: I’ve heard about this baseball. Hauk, how did you procure it? Last time, I saw it, it was under a forcefield.
- Hauk: G’hargh put me in touch with a Yridian confidence man he knew. It cost me a few darseks to just set up the meeting, but I convinced him to create a forgery of such quality that the Starfleeters would never even realize I had swapped it for the one on Sisko’s desk. … And all the Yridian wanted was a couple sets of that Gorn winter wear my crew had been testing.
- Deyvid: Forgeries are never as good as one may expect.
- Sskald: Even with a perfect fake, how did you steal it?
- Hauk: (laughs) It was surprisingly easy. As you know, I’m a member of the Joint Taskforce. DS9’s commander, James Kurland, owed me a favor. So, I asked him if I could hold the baseball. Then, I simply distracted him, pocketed the baseball, and put the fake on Sisko’s desk while Kurland wasn’t looking. Easy.
- Korrath: Hauk, I think you have been spending too much time with G’hargh. Do I have to separate you two?
- Hauk: Let’s just say we have come to an understanding.
- G’Hargh: Karn, it’s time get to work.
- Karn: I’m ready. What will you have me do?
- G’hargh: I’ve told you already! (annoyed) What I want to know is, is it authentic? Is it the real one or is Hauk trying to trick me? Karn, Work … Your … Magic.
- Hauk: Hey! I never agreed to this. I am insulted.
- G’hargh: You will let him verify the veracity of the baseball, Hauk. I will not be fooled with a counterfeit. Karn, is Hauk lying to us?
- Hauk: <<mutters under his breath irritably>>Remember mindsifter, limit yourself to JUST the information about the baseball. Nothing else!
- Karn: If you call me mindsifter one more time, Hauk, I’ll sift through your mind and mix you up so badly that you’ll think you’re a human schoolgirl who loves performing ballet.
- Sskald: <<reptilian laugh>> I might pay to see that! Maybe you can mix up his brain just for the fun of it.
- Karn: That would not be honorable. I would never do that to a friend.
- Hauk: <shocked> YOU consider ME a friend?
- Karn: We ARE both Warriors of Sto’Vo’Kor … are we not? … Now then… ready?
- Hauk: <more at ease>
- Karn: <A few moments pass and he makes noises as he sifts through Hauk’s brain> Hmmm … I’m not sure how you pulled off that distraction, Hauk. … (laughs) G’hargh, it’s real. It happened just as he described.
- Deyvid: You better hope Kurland never discovers what you had done.
- Hauk: As long as you keep your mouth shut, he will never know.
- G’Hargh: Good! Now that honor has been satisfied. Let us drink!
<<sound of mugs coming together and clinking>>
- Hauk: Sskald … wait … you always screw up the toast.
- Sskald: Hey! When it is my turn to lead the toast, I will do it my way.
- Hauk: Fine, but this time it’s Korrath’s turn. Korrath, tell us what is best in life?
- Korrath: To crush your Enemies, see them driven before you and hear their lamentations from Grethor.
- All: Qapla’!
Star Trek and all associated marks and characters are registered trademarks of CBS and Paramount Pictures. The use of anything related to Star Trek by Gates of Sto’vo’kor is not intended to infringe upon the rights of CBS and Paramount Pictures. Star Trek Online is owned by Cryptic Studios a wholly owned subsidiary of Perfect World Entertainment.