Messages From the Outback – Part Two
Gates of Sto’vo’kor is proud to present Messages From the Outback – Part Two: A Gates Of Sto’vo’kor and Starfinder Crossover Special. This episode is the epilogue to the Starfinder two part story Starfinder: A Gorn of A Different Color, is currently available on Starfinder’s website. Check out the exciting conclusion to this massive Klingon arc for Gates of Sto’vo’kor and Starfinder here.
(energy blasts hit the shields.)
- To’jet: Shields holding at 82%. Weapons are still offline.
- Valkara: So be it. Today you have made an enemy of the Klingon Empire. Prepare to die.
- Krang: Where are our weapons, Melonar?
- Melonar: Just another second more. Forward disruptors and torpedoes are online. That’s the best I can do.
- To’jet: Confirmed.
- Valkara and Krang: (together) Fire!
(space combat sounds)
- Sskald: The pirate’s ships were small and swift. They circled around the Kradec effortlessly, firing their low energy weapons almost unchallenged as they managed to evade nearly every attempt made by the Kradec to reduce their numbers. However, when one of the small craft made a fatal error, the Kradec was ready to exploit it and destroyed one of the pesky craft.
- Purina: Perhaps it’s time to put this old dog down. I volunteer to put him out of his misery.
- To’jet: (ignoring the comment for now.) Stop jerking the controls. Track one ship at a time until I can get a target lock. I’ll call out the ship to follow. Target vessel three on trajectory 10 by 72 by 314.
- Purina: Got it.
(combat sounds continue followed by another explosion).
- Sklood: General, power levels are increasing. We’re heading towards an overload.
- Valkara: What?
- Krang: Melonar?
- Melonar: It’s the alien weapons. Their energy is not dissipating after striking the shields. It’s being absorbed and feeding back throughout the ship.
- Krang: Save the excuses and tell me what you’re going to do about it.
- Melonar: I might be able to shunt the excess power to the deflector with Sklood’s help.
- Sklood: Then, we can dissipate the energy into space.
- Krang: Can you focus the energy into a weapon we can use against them?
- Melonar: What do you think Sklood? A focused deflector pulse?
- Sklood: It may blow out the deflector, but if we do nothing, the deflector will be the least of our worries.
- Valkara: Proceed.
- Krang: You’ve heard the General. We needed this new weapon five minutes ago.
- Sskald: The combat continued for several minutes with very few near misses and even fewer direct hits. When Sklood and Melonar finished their preparations, the order was given to fire the deflector pulse the moment all three pirate vessels were within their anticipated firing arc. Two of the remaining ships were instantly destroyed, while the remaining ship suffered severe damage that only delayed its demise. Its death was met with a cry of victory from the bridge crew.
(bridge crew cries out in joy and excitement)
(Gates of Sto’vo’kor bar).
- G’hargh: I do not believe it.
- Korrath: What’s not to believe?
- Hauk: For the last time, G’hargh, the Opera was entertainment. It does not attempt to be factual and should not be taken as such.
- Karn: I can vouch for the veracity of his story. He believes it to be true.
- G’hargh: That’s not what I’m talking about you fools. I do not believe Valkara would give up command of the Kradec so easily.
- Deyvid: What is not to understand? She is doing whatever it takes to ensure the success of her mission.
- Hauk: It did sound like she intended to reclaim her command once the situation with the Tyr Gash had stabilized.
- G’hargh: I still find it hard to believe. Perhaps I will have to make a cargo run to the ‘awtbaq sometime to verify all of these stories of yours Sskald.
- Sskald: And when you do, let me know and I will accompany you.
- Karn: Oh no. Not again. Sskald, why must you think about that now?
- Sskald: (Laughing) Just checking to see if you were still eavesdropping Karn.
- Karn: When will I learn to stay out of the minds of Gorn?